Patients do not have to be registered to see a GP or nurse at the Washwood Heath UCC. We can help people with busy lifestyles that need access to flexible and convenient health services and may have difficulty accessing a convenient appointment at their registered practice.
We can also help patients who may not be registered with a GP practice who might normally attend Accident and Emergency (A&E) for treatment which could be provided by a GP or nurse.
Visitors and foreign visitors to Birmingham are also welcome.
The following services are available to patients who would like to see visit the Centre:
- Disabled access is available
- Disabled car parking is available
- Induction loop is available
- Abdominal pain, indigestion, constipation, vomiting and diarrhoea;
- Acute wound care, dressings.
- Allergies, hay fever, bites and stings;
- Breathing problems;
- Coughs, colds, virus and flu-like symptoms;
- Emergency contraception;
- Independent nurse prescribing in line with joint formulary and other local prescribing policies, including administration or prescribing of medicines using ‘Patient Group Directives’ or extended formulary for nurses;
- Minor genitourinary problems for men and women;
- Minor injuries;
- Muscle and joint injuries – strains and sprains;
- Nose, throat, eye and ear symptoms; unfortunately we do not offer ear syringing;
- Providing information on local NHS services, social services and other local statutory and voluntary services;
- Skin complaints – rashes, sunburn, head lice;
- Using patient contact time to provide information on staying healthly for example excerise, healthy eating and smoking cessation.
Every time I've had to visit for my family or myself I always received a warm welcome starting from the receptionist to being seen by the practice nurse or the GP. I have always walked away content. Virgin Care has always lived up to its name.